My hip or my house?

What do I write about first? My hip or my house?

I guess I'll get my hip out of the way. If you've read earlier posts of mine, you know I broke my hip on the beach in Australia. At least I was carried off the beach by Australian lifeguards, but the rest of the story hasn't been so pleasant.

I had surgery on the Sunshine Coast of Australia. My hip kept bothering me, and when I first came back to the USA, the first doctor I complained to just seemed to think I wanted him to prescribe me medication. (Actually, I never take anything stronger than Tylenol.) He sent me to physical therapy, but that was hard to keep up when I went to work full-time and didn't seem to be helping much.

Now I have a new, much better doctor and he sent me to see a doctor who x-rayed me and discovered that the ball of my hip is crumbling. Ick. No wonder it hurts. So I have to have a hip replacement. But first, the doctor wants to take out the screws to let the bone fill in the holes a little and give me an injection that will help me feel better until the actual surgery.

They scheduled me to take out the screws, but then realized that I have a stint in my heart, and now I have to see a cardiologist before the first procedure. That's in the morning. If you've ever taken a stress test, you know it's no fun.

I can't have caffeine today, and I can't eat after midnight. You know that drill, I'm sure.  And I MIGHT have my first procedure on Thursday. What a week!

Meanwhile, we're moving!! I worked in the yard this weekend, and the painters started today. I can't WAIT to run over after work and see how it looks so far.  Or house was built in 1928. It has beautiful designer colors, but some of them are kind of dark and make the rooms look small. We are leaving most of it, but we are painting the living room a lighter, cooler color and the study will be painted that color and hunter green.

Here's what our study and living room look like right now:





I'll post pictures when the painting is done and again when we have moved into these rooms. When I was in Australia, I was really impressed at the real estate photos that everyone did. Wide angle and HDR Photograhy. In the pictures above, I was just playing around right after I got some new lenses in the mail. I'll do a much better job on the finished project. You'll see!

I took these photos with my cell phone, by the way. I ordered a some clip-on lenses that are supposed to be for iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 6/6 Plus,iPhone 5 5S 4 4S Samsung HTC Android, but they work great on my Galaxy S6 Edge+.
The lenses are Luxsure® Universal 3 in 1 Camera Lens Kit Clip-On 180 Degree Supreme Fisheye + 0.65X Wide Angle+ 10X Macro Lens
You can see them here: http://amzn.to/2e2LdFc. I'm very impressed, so far!


1 comment:

  1. Focus on the house while you are healing. That should help speed up the process..... :-)
    Sophie.

    ReplyDelete

Worth the Wait

 I actually chose a later date for my knee replacement surgery so I could attend the last two last weekends' gallery openings, and I'...