I Live in the Land Down Under

My husband, my self and our three dogs are currently living in Brisbane, Australia. We moved here for my husband's job. I am also working here, at a contract job that will be over at the end of May. We're not sure how long we will stay in Oz, but it's a beautiful place. I'm trying to soak up this culture and capture its beauty while I can.

So, today, I'm going to share a few of my photographs of Australia with you.



When we first arrived we went antiquing. I wondered what that experience would be like over here. Great. One undeniable fact about Australia is that it's British as all get-out.

Bush Turkeys are everywhere. All animals are protected, but around Thanksgiving and Christmas I was wondering how they taste.

We love going for walks in the botanical gardens. And they have a thing over here for botanical gardens.


This is our house in Australia. Not a typical Queenland house, but we are really enjoying it. Especially the pool
One of the best things about where we live here is that we're close to the ocean. We're from Oklahoma in the U.S., which is a very long way from the ocean.
This picture and the one before are taken on Bribie Island, about an hour's drive from our house.


I have so many more picture to share, but gotta jump in the pool, swim my laps and get some work done on this lazy Sunday down under.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth the Wait

 I actually chose a later date for my knee replacement surgery so I could attend the last two last weekends' gallery openings, and I'...