Skinny Dipping: A Painting

I love to paint, but I haven't done enough painting lately. I painted a picture of our favorite place in the Keys for my husband a couple years ago, and since then, I've been itching to paint something else.  


I am finishing up a novel that takes place at the lake where we hang out in the summer, and I decided to paint a picture from it--just for fun. I've bought the canvas, and a couple new tubes of paint and one new paint brush, to supplement my collection. 


And I've chosen the scene to paint. It's a skinny dipping scene at night.  So. now, where do I start?  I know what my characters look like. I chose people online to model them after.  The couple have been out on a boat that's just like our Chris Craft Sea Skiff, and I have pictures of that. 


So I started by assembling some major components of the scene in Photoshop. I found bodies of the two characters and pasted in their heads. And, of course, the boat is in the background. I have a start to my painting!  Pretty rough, but a start!  


Stay tuned to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth the Wait

 I actually chose a later date for my knee replacement surgery so I could attend the last two last weekends' gallery openings, and I'...