Pining for the Seventies

I was a teenager with a subscription to American Girl magazine in the sixties and early seventies. I had a tiny clothing allowance and a sewing machine. We couldn't wear jeans to school. In fact, if we wore pants, they had to have a matching vest or jacket. 


And I wore Vogue. I learned how to make bound buttonholes and pleats and I could sew in zippers like a champ.  


Today I find myself pining to see one of those old fashion spreads that American Girl carried every fall. The girls were tall and thin, of course. They wore plaid. And they were photographed in foggy British-looking woods.  I really NEED to see what I'm picturing in my mind's eye. I might even need to paint it.


Although I'm usually pretty good at searching Google, I couldn't find what I was really looking for today, but I had fun trying, as you can see from the images below:










1970s Fashion Hippy












D&G Floral Fashions Trends Summer Campaign 2011.

French Connection Ladies SS'11 Floral Scoop Neck Dress.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth the Wait

 I actually chose a later date for my knee replacement surgery so I could attend the last two last weekends' gallery openings, and I'...