From Cubicle Rat to Digital Nomad
I lost my job. It was inevitable. The company was bought and sold three times in three years. The final company who bought it to keep it rather than to just repackage it to sell to someone else "restructured," and they already had a forty-person communication team in Palo Alto or somewhere, so I was, they determined without even consulting my supervisor, "redundant."
Do I sound bitter? Eh, not really. I want to become a digital nomad anyway. So I can work from Mexico or wherever. I never want to be a cubicle rat again.
A certain company, located in Palo Alto, CA., really pissed me off recently, although they may have actually done me a favor in the long run. Anyway, here I am, one hour away from their corporate headquarters, and my buddy, Dino, insisted on making a very significant gesture in their general direction. I really appreciate that gesture, but the hotel room really stinks now !So why was I near Palo Alto when I live in Oklahoma and plan to move to Mexico? How did I get so far off my planned route? Two days after the "big news," my husband woke up with a brilliant idea. We've wanted to take a trip out to California to visit my stepson for ages. I didn't want him making the drive without me, so here was our opportunity.
And what a trip it was! We planned it in four days. We worked out a timetable and made all our hotel reservations. We even made dinner reservations at the Grand Canyon. The trip took two weeks. We drove approximately 5,000 miles!! We saw many places that one or both of us had never seen before.
- I need to re-brand the novel I already have published. I let my husband convince me it wasn't a romance. It is. And it needs to be labeled as one and look like one.
- I need to post some of the YouTube videos I made on our trip.
- I need to find a new home for my online art.
- I need to finish my new webpage.
- I need to write this blog more often!!! (I will write some blog posts about the places we visited on this trip. It was a fascinating ride!)
- I need to really pay attention to our diet and create some "Fine dining with KETO" videos and post some recipes.