Spicy Roasted Chickpeas and a video from Down Under

So, do you like my new necklace?  I made it. I think it's the best one I've made yet!

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live at the bottom of the world where it's currently winter and Christmas happens in the middle of the summer?
In some ways, it's not that different from the United States and in some ways it's very similar. Here's a little video of my drive from the Central Business District (CBD) of Brisbane, Queensland, where I drop my hubby off each morning to Windsor, north of the city, where I work. 


While I'm here, I'm taking as many pictures as I can to store up the memories of this beautiful, friendly land, and making art from them.

Here are a few that I've posted recently:

Photography PrintsPhotography Prints Photography PrintsArt Prints


And now here's my recipe of the week, which is inexpensive, easy, healthy and delish! I didn't have to buy anything. Everything I needed was right there in my cabinet.



Spicy Roasted Chickpeas

Ingredients

2 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 (15 oz) can
1½ teaspoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¾ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
a dash of cayenne pepper

And the directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

2. Pat the chickpeas dry between two paper towels and be sure to remove any loose skins.

3. Pour the chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat and mist with olive oil. Use your hands or a spoon to toss the chickpeas. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings and whisk to combine. Sprinkle the mixture onto the chickpeas and toss to coat. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring the chickpeas at the 15 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth the Wait

 I actually chose a later date for my knee replacement surgery so I could attend the last two last weekends' gallery openings, and I'...