Showing Off Our Corner of Australia

Both my writing and by blog (and even my cooking, come to think of it) have been totally abandoned this last week.  We've had house guest from the U.S. staying with us, and we've attempted to show them a little of our corner of Australia in just five days. I think our efforts were successful and they were enchanted with our home away from home. We certainly enjoyed ourselves, but we’re ready for a weekend in which to rest up!! I have hundreds (yes, hundreds) of pictures to process and share.

They landed in the monsoon rains accompanying a cyclone that thankfully fizzled before it reached us. We had a couple very wet days, however.  Ironically, now that our guests have left, the weather looks to be absolutely beautiful for the next week. But hey! It was an adventure!!

Silly CNN told the world that Queensland is in Tasmania.  Actually, the city of Brisbane (placed correctly on the map) is in the state of Queensland, which is a very large state. All the towns shown on this map are IN Queensland. I know. I live there.


I’ll post a few photos that give you just a quick glance at our adventures. Later I’ll share a few videos and a lot more details about each of our touristy days.

You have to hold a Koala when you're in Australia. I finally did. Her name is Violet.


And I petted at kangaroo.


Me on the beach of the Gold Coast.



Hubby and our guests enjoying the beach at Bribie Island:



Bribie Island is a wonderful place to have a picnic and watch the sunset.


We’ll end up with a totally cheesy group photo of our whole gang against the background of Brisbane.


 Cheers!  I'll try to be better about this blog in the future.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth the Wait

 I actually chose a later date for my knee replacement surgery so I could attend the last two last weekends' gallery openings, and I'...