Traditional or Indie?

Which way should I go?

On the one hand, I've read too many indie books that badly needed editing. And some publishers/editors turn down writers JUST BECAUSE they had bad performing indie books. And it would be fun to be a part of the publishing industry, 

but...

On the other hand, I would LOVE to do all the Indie stuff. I want to format my book. I want to create my cover (and I'm pretty good with a camera and with Photoshop).  I'm pretty good with Webpage design and social media. (I don't stay up to date on my blog though). And I'd like to run my writing like a small business, especially if I quit my job like my hubby wants me too.

Hummm..... What do you think?

This article claims you sell fewer book as an indie writer, but make more money, and that the only way she'd go traditional again was if he got a VERY GOOD DEAL. Of course, he has a day job.    http://traceywritesbooks.com/who-sells-more-books-indie-authors-or-traditional-publishers/ 


"$2.99 books, on average, nett authors more earnings (profit per unit, multiplied by units sold) than books priced at $6.99 and above.  When we look at the $2.99 price point compared to $9.99, $2.99 earns the author slightly more, yet gains the author about four times as many readers.  $2.99 ebooks earned the authors six times as many readers than books priced over $10.”

Yeah, this guy owns Smashbooks, but...hummm....

http://goodereader.com/blog/electronic-readers/why-a-traditional-publisher-can-hurt-your-career/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth the Wait

 I actually chose a later date for my knee replacement surgery so I could attend the last two last weekends' gallery openings, and I'...