Writing Contests

One of the reasons I blog is to save cool stuff I find that I might need later.  Hey, it'll all be right here when I need it. Of course, if the same stuff I'm saving happens to be the same stuff you need, I'll share.  Right now, I'm coming across some interesting writing contests I may decide to enter to get my foot in the door as a writer.


The first one is from the Connecticut Chapter of Romance Writers of America

And you don't have to be from Connecticut to win!  Here's a little of the information about the contest, but you can click the link above to find out more about it.

Prizes: The winner in each category will receive $100.

Deadline:

  • All entries must be received by the midnight, December 5, 2011.
  • In order to be considered “received,” CTRWA must have confirmed completion of the following:
    • The online entry form has been completed.
    • The cash or PayPal payment has been received, or the check or money order has been sent (verified by post mark).
    • The entry has been received via email, and is in acceptable electronic format

Fees:

  • $20 for members of any RWA chapter located in Connecticut. This includes CTRWA, CORW, and CoLoNY.
  • $30 for all others.

Eligibility:

  • The work must be unpublished and un-contracted as of December 2011.
  • The entrant must be unpublished or, if published, cannot have earned $1000 or more in advances and/or royalties for a single work of fiction as of December 2011.
  • The writer does not need to be a member of RWA and, as long as the submission is in English, can be from anywhere in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worth the Wait

 I actually chose a later date for my knee replacement surgery so I could attend the last two last weekends' gallery openings, and I'...