Writing Contests

One of the reasons I blog is to save cool stuff I find that I might need later.  Hey, it'll all be right here when I need it. Of course, if the same stuff I'm saving happens to be the same stuff you need, I'll share.  Right now, I'm coming across some interesting writing contests I may decide to enter to get my foot in the door as a writer.


The first one is from the Connecticut Chapter of Romance Writers of America

And you don't have to be from Connecticut to win!  Here's a little of the information about the contest, but you can click the link above to find out more about it.

Prizes: The winner in each category will receive $100.

Deadline:

  • All entries must be received by the midnight, December 5, 2011.
  • In order to be considered “received,” CTRWA must have confirmed completion of the following:
    • The online entry form has been completed.
    • The cash or PayPal payment has been received, or the check or money order has been sent (verified by post mark).
    • The entry has been received via email, and is in acceptable electronic format

Fees:

  • $20 for members of any RWA chapter located in Connecticut. This includes CTRWA, CORW, and CoLoNY.
  • $30 for all others.

Eligibility:

  • The work must be unpublished and un-contracted as of December 2011.
  • The entrant must be unpublished or, if published, cannot have earned $1000 or more in advances and/or royalties for a single work of fiction as of December 2011.
  • The writer does not need to be a member of RWA and, as long as the submission is in English, can be from anywhere in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vlogging for Baby Boomers

Why Get a Drone License for the U.S. and Mexico?

The Best Ceviche We Found in the Yucatan: La Playa in Chelem