<
I was in London UK on January 10, 2018, and took the picture shown below. I really was not that interested in Harry and Megan. I thought having Masks of Trump and Putin on the same rack was rather interesting, though. I am a stock photographer. I take a lot of pictures of just about everything, especially when I travel.
When I got back home, I edited this picture and submitted it to Shutterstock to sell as an editorial picture.
- If you sell a picture as a commercial image, the customers can use it for anything, including advertisements.
- If you sell an image as editorial, it can only be used for non-commercial uses, such as news opinion pieces or informative news stories. They just cannot be used to sell or advertise anything.
I was really curious who bought it! I still don't know the whole story, but I tracked that image down online (You never know from your agency who buys your images). What I found everywhere I tracked it were pages where that image was missing. It had been there, but wasn't any more. I found dozens, if not hundreds of those places online. I did a little more research, and it turns out that some company had made a movie and had wanted to use that image to advertise it. They purchased the picture as editorial rather than commercial, which wasn't an option for what they wanted to do.
Evidently, someone in Megan's (for some reason, I could tell it was Megan,'s not Harry's) camp saw it online and demanded it taken down. What I encountered was the result of that. I don't know if she sued the poster or not. She definitely is on top of anything published about her and even was back then.
I was not affected by her actions, and neither was my agency. Everything we did was legal and responsible. The customer who bought and inappropriately used the image was to blame, and that customer was the only one affected. I would have never even known about it if I hadn't dug around online to satisfy my curiosity.
Anyway, I still follow her rather closely, especially in the last few days, with all the drama of them moving back to the UK. I really do not like what Megan and Harry have done with Spare, the Oprah interview and the Netflix special. I hope they break up so she will not have as much opportunity to attack the monarchy, and maybe Harry can eventually (but not until the split) land in some position he can live with. And I want to know if they really have kids or not!
What do you think? Do they have kids? Will she stay in the UK? I hope not!
Note: I have used a few AI images along with my own photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment